I never would have found it without that. I may just jumper it with a resistor to simulate a warm signal and see if that helps the shifting. Are your part-throttle shifts sloppy, or just full-throttle? I also measured the resistance, and mine came out to 12. According to him side by side they appeared to be the same size clutches etc. Same principle as low v. My conclusion: As far as I know to this point, the valve bodies are the only difference as stated before. I know I know, it has been done before.
The next digit is the number of gears, while the model series is now two digits sequentially. Hell i even used the speed sensor from the x tcase. I wonder how it works? Robert, I like your jumper idea for the fluid temp sensor. I agree 100% with both of you. That's what gives you the spike at the beginning of an injector pulse, as I'm sure you know, and it's why large injectors are usually low-Z - the low resistance allows current to build faster and thus pull the heavier plunger in faster. Did I just shoot myself in the foot.
Will take pictures of the Pathfinder trans when I go back on shift this evening. Let me see if I can find it. Just to me your route seems like a lot of extra work. This reduces the severity of the clutches engaging and makes for smoother shifts. Conveniently, the resistor is mounted to the inner fender behind the battery where it's easy to get to.
Only had to bend it forward slightly. It's all plug and play. The wiring harness I just plugged the pathy subharness into the xterra trans and it plugged right in with tons of slack. ? All of this without actually opening the packages but looking through the plastic blister packs at the parts inside. Has anyone done the 2wd to 4wd surgery on our transmissions? I should note that in this configuration the resistors are getting quite hot, can't be permantent as i'm pushing about 4 watts thru a 1 watt rated network. More resistance, since the higher the resistance, the less the solenoid opens with the same pulse. Edited September 2, 2014 by Precise1 Thanks B, I have spoken at length with Rob, and I think he and I are on the same page.
I put the xterra tcase into my wd21. If I get it right, at least I'll only be pushing 2. The first could be cured with a new solenoid pack, the second by possibly modifying the value of the solenoid resistor. B Bah, all I found was the same link you posted. To the point: A search of Craigslist revealed a fellow who had a 2003 Xterra transmission, listed as 4wd but in reality it was a 2wd for sale. If not, then will take it to a local transmission shop and have them knock it out for me. I should note that in this configuration the resistors are getting quite hot, can't be permantent as i'm pushing about 4 watts thru a 1 watt rated network.
I went and got schematics from the local Nissan dealership, and both are identical, with identical part numbers etc. Glad you were able to repeat my results. I made phone calls and went to various shops. Maybe I'll give it a shot today. Since you already have everything, I say go for it, I would like to see pics of what it looks like inside. Beginning in 1982, it gained a locking torque converter L3N71b for greater efficiency.
Maybe Jay or someone with a better understanding of analog electronics could make a better theory. So for over a year it had sat due to the reverse issue, and was back on the road for less then a month before it died again. If the transmission has more than 50,000 miles on it at the time of repair, the solenoid pack should be replaced. The solenoid pack, located on the valve body of the transmission, includes a line pressure control solenoid. The 2-3 shift was perfect - fast and no delay.
I performed a little experiment this evening with the line pressure solenoid. If it was what you're suggesting, there's no reason it couldn't be just across the solenoid. I dont have the 95 Pathfinder trans here in my garage to take pictures of. B I cleaned a few things up for you Mr Moore. The vent location is no big deal, just get new hose.