The only way so far is to power off the server completetly. Each peak demanded a reboot, server was also rebooted on smaller peaks, not very visible on this chart: Any advice on what might be wrong, and how to fix? Please let us know what you suggest as we have ran out of ideas. Before I did this I'd updated Windows 2008 R2 as well. We have multiple servers all W2K12 R2 with event 5612 in the Application Log. We also found that our policy was to audit all security object access. Juan, we are already using many options out of the Optimization Guide, I did read it again but could not find anything that could help me with my specific problem.
The ProcMon error is the same. Juan I am still having this issue, workaround so far is to restart Citrix Edgesight service after every reboot. That seemed the answer in a lot of cases. I will create a Support Ticket for this problem. If so which version and could you post the version of Xenserver too? Hello Sven, One other factor that could play a role is the feature that got introduced with 16. It uses Plesk 10 which is very good.
We did not change anything on the server, or in the surrounding network. It was very bad to have some of our production servers become unresonsive because of the monitoring tool. Have you tried making an exception of both processes from within Edgesight console? Any idea what could be causing this? Thank you for you help ahead of time. Please let us know what you suggest as we have ran out of ideas. Disabling vmware time synchronization did not help. In case you continue to observe this issue after upgrading, please let us know.
I know there are a lot of topics regarding WmiPrvSe. One of them was the EventLog service. It rebooted but it seemed a bit sluggish. Is this a physical or Virtual Server? Last Sunday, the process lsass. The server now has to be rebooted every 4-12h, in order to keep the site up and running. I tried a few things, looked at way too many Microsoft pages but no joy.
Does the server have any printers installed that may no longer be in the office? There were 54 important updates so it took an hour or two. As for the antivirus, I deactivated it completely for testing, which did not help. Thank you for you help ahead of time. These specific executables do not appear in NetMon, but ProcMon shows that WmiPrvSe. I have other servers, with the same website code, running in the same environment, with more load than this one, which do not show this behaviour.
The answer as they suggest is to disable two of their services. Turn them all off and see if the processor behaves. Looks like we are waiting. From New Relic, which is used to monitor the site and server, it looks like it is Request Queueing that is causing the poor performance, increasing from ~100ms after a reboot, to 10s+ after a few hours. If it helps, you can determine what service s are actually associated with the SvcHost. We used process monitor and see that it is tied to tzres.
So that did not help me. I suspect that this may have to do with Edgesight polling. Maybe that helps you, too! Memory leak occurs in the Wmiprvse. Restarting the server will fix it for a little while. This starts as soon as the first users log in. Also have Kaspersky installed since server creation, so hopefully i am clean.
So again no possibility to do anything but hard reset the server. I am running server 2008 R2 and the WmiPrvse. Hello, Can you confirm the situation we have as a more common issue? No windows update happened at this point Since then, the website gradually deteriorates, having longer and longer response times, until the server is rebooted, then everything is back to normal, but it slowly goes downhill from there. There are no specific entries in the event logs. Hello Sven, That's an interesting find you have here. After it, the load on the cpu returned to normal 5 - 10%. Please keep us informed as this problem and if you need any more information, don't hesitate to contact me.
I lost a few more follicles. We didn't need to do this for the last four weeks. If it does, turn them each on seperately, if there is still no issue, start clumping them together, turn 2 on, then 3 etc. Analyzing that led to the understanding that global group policy for our Security logs had them set to a very small size and set to overwrite as needed. I might uninstall it just to have checked it off, but I do not expect any success with that. We used process monitor and see that it is tied to tzres. Not sure what I can do to find out the root cause.